The Texas Energy Museum offers educational tours to public and private school groups. Interpreter-led programs focus on petroleum formation and geology; historical and contemporary oil well drilling technology; the chemistry of refining and petrochemicals; and the early history of the Texas oil industry.
Tours are available at no charge to school groups with the following guidelines:
- Maximum group size is 25 students; minimum is 10. Large groups may coordinate with other downtown museums.
- Tours are scheduled Tuesday through Friday from September 1 to May 15.
- Tour times are 9:30, 10:30, and 11:30 a.m. Tour length is 50 minutes.
- Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance. Spring months fill quickly and early scheduling is recommended.
- Call 409-833-5100 for reservations or information.
Curriculum information. While the Museum offers programs for Early Childhood through college, we’ve developed our standard tour most effectively for grades 2nd to 5th. A Museum tour may be correlated to many science and social studies TEKS objectives and national science standards. Consult your district curriculum coordinator or contact the Museum for more information.